Elevated at 12,500 ft. Kedarkantha is one of the majestic peaks of the great Himalayan range. One of the most popular winter treks, Kedarkantha fascinates numerous hikers and trekkers from all over the country and is perfect for both beginners and experts.
This 4 night 5 day trek is curated after keeping in mind the wishes of people who love the serenity as well as the adventure that nature, with its unpredictable trails and mystical valleys can provide them.
One thing that separates the Kedarkantha trek from the rest of the treks is that it falls under the category of a moderately difficult trek. So, it is beginner-friendly and it rewards you with a mesmerising 360 degree view of the great Himalayan ranges, making the experience satisfactory all over.
It is advised not to carry electronic devices that could only be used with network connections or are majorly dependent on them. The reason being that the network vanishes just before reaching Sankri Village, which is the starting point of the whole trek.
Going by the popular opinion and the mass appeal for Kedarkantha Trek, one can easily categorize it as ‘The Best Winter Trek to do In India’. So, if you’re overwhelmed with multiple choices of winter treks to do in India and are confused about ‘what to choose’, then Kedarkantha should be an easy choice.
So, make some room for Kedarkantha Trek in the year of 2022 travel bucket list you have on your wall and keep your backpack ready for this winter season.
Itinerary (Dehradun to Dehradun)
1st Day : Drive From Dehradun To Sankri Base Village (198 Kms, 8 Hours Drive )
- The group will assemble at the pickup point at 06:00 AM.
- We'll drive towards Sankri, which is the starting point for the trek.
- Reach Sankri by evening. Arrival assistance followed by the introduction of our Trek leader and Support staff.
- Check-in to our designated hotel/homestay, the rest of the day is at leisure and you're advised to relax and prepare for the journey ahead.
- The dinner will be served in the evening followed by an overnight stay in Sankri Village.
2nd Day : Trek from Sankri to Juda Ka Taal (9050 Ft, 4 Kms)
- The day will start with morning Tea at around 06:00 AM.
- Afterwards we will have breakfast and receive a briefing session from the Trek Leader.
- Then, we'll start our trek from the Dense Pine Forest.
- The first checkpoint for the day will be Juda Ka Taal Campsite, which is at a lower altitude than the Taal itself.
- Upon reaching Juda Ka Taal Campsite, we'll have lunch.
- The rest of the day is at leisure.
- Dinner will be served in the evening followed by an overnight stay at Juda Ka Taal Campsite.
3rd Day : Juda Ka Taal To Kedarkantha Trek Base Camp (11200 Ft, 3 Kms)
- The day will start with a morning tea followed by breakfast.
- The Trek Leader will give you a briefing about the day before we proceed.
- Afterward, we'll start the trek towards the Kedarkantha Base Camp, which takes about 3-4 hours.
- Upon reaching and checking into the campsite, we'll have a warm lunch.
- The rest of the day is at leisure and we'll relax by indulging in activities like snowball fights and other fun games.
- Lastly, we'll have dinner at the campsite followed by an overnight stay at Kedarkantha Base Camp.
4th Day : Trek To Kedarkantha Peak (12,500 Ft) and Back To Hargaon (9050 Ft) ( 9 Kms Trek)
- We will finally begin our trek towards Kedarkantha Peak.
- We'll get up at 02:00 AM in the morning as we'll be needing an early start.
- Afterwards, the group will trek up to the Kedarkantha Summit.
- After reaching the summit, we'll enjoy the view from the top and witness the beautiful sunrise from the summit..
- Shortly afterwards, we'll head back to the Kedarkantha Base Camp once again.
- Upon reaching, Lunch will be served at the campsite.
- It's last night at the campsite so we will have a farewell bash.
- Overnight stay at Hargaon Campsite.
5th Day : Hargaon To Sankri Base Village (4 Kilometer Trek) and Back To Dehradun (08 Hours Drive)
- After an early morning breakfast, we'll head down towards the Sankri Village from Hargaon Campsite.
- Upon reaching Sankri, we'll stop and freshen up at our designated hotel, lunch will be provided.
- Shortly afterward, we'll proceed towards Dehradun. (Reach Dehradun by late evening.)
- The group will disassemble here and be on their separate ways with a heart full of content and mind full of memories.
- Accommodation: 1 Night in a Hotel / Homestay on a triple sharing basis. 3 Nights accommodation in a tent on a triple sharing basis.
- Transportation: Surface transfer from Dehradun - Sankri - Dehradun by Sumo / Bolero / Tempo Traveller ( Depends on the number of travelers).
- Meals: All Meals from (Day 1 Dinner to Day 5 Lunch) are included. We provide simple nutritious vegetarian food on all days of the trek.
- Snacks: Morning / Evening Tea / Coffee with light snacks and soup while on the trek.
- Camping logistics: Tent, Sleeping bags, Mattresses, Dining tent, Toilet tent, Sitting Stools.
- Trek Leader Qualified and Experienced Trek leader and support staff.
- Permits: All necessary fees and permits.
- Trekking Equipment: Gaiters, Micro Spikes, and Rope if required.
- Safety Equipment: Basic First Aid kit with Oximeter and Oxygen Cylinder.
- Guide ratio: 1:10
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Meals during transit.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Unscheduled delay due to landslide.
- Cost Escalation due to “ Force Majeure and Evacuation charges”.
- Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.
- *You can apply for travel insurance prior to the trek.