Pangarchulla Peak Trek
At a staggering height of 15010 Ft, the Pangarchulla peak trek, with it's breathtaking views of the Garhwal Himalayan peaks, Nanda Devi, Chaukhamba, Hati-Ghori to name a few, is one of the best treks for both novice as well as experienced trekkers. The path is initially lined with rocks but gradually ascends into a picturesque landscape that is a blend of green meadows, majestic mountains and quaint villages consisting of wooden houses. Also known as the Chimney peak, it adds more charm to the the Lord Curzon circuit of trekking trails with it's snow covered slopes and diverse flora and fauna.
The golden sunrises and tangerine sunsets while you embark on the Pangarchulla trek are to die for but the sight of the majestic Himalayan peaks like Mt. Kamet, Mana Parvat, , Garud, Trishul, Dronagiri is what makes you feel as if you are on top of the world.
In a nutshell, Pangarchulla trek is one of the best treks that you can do in the Himalayan region and as it's one of the underrated treks in India, it provides you both thrill as we as solitude.
Itinerary (Rishikesh to Rishikesh)
1st Day : Rishikesh to Joshimath (10 Hours Drive )
- The group will assemble at the the pickup point at 06:00 AM.
- Afterward, you'll be introduced to the whole group and a small briefing session would also be provided.
- Afterwards, we’ll head out for Joshimath.
- We'll reach Joshimath by the evening and check into our designated home stays.
- Dinner will be served in the evening followed by overnight stay.
2nd Day : Drive from Joshimath to Dhak | Trek to Guling
- After early morning breakfast, we'll head out for Dhak.
- Upon reaching Dhak, we will start our trek to Guling.
- We'll reach Guling by the afternoon and check into our campsite.
- Lunch will be served later on. The rest of the day is at leisure.
- After some group bonding sessions, we will have dinner followed by an overnight stay in Guling.
3rd Day : Trek from Guling to Khullara
- After early morning breakfast, you will be given necessary instructions regarding the trekking trails.
- We will start trekking from Guling to Khullara.
- En-route, we will have our packed lunch. Later in the evening, we will check into our campsite at Khullara base.
- The rest of the day is at leisure. As the dawn starts to fall, you will get to witness the magical starry skies above.
- Dinner followed by overnight stay at Khullara base camp.
4th Day : Trek to Pangarchulla Summit | Back to Khullara
- Post breakfast, a small briefing session with necessary details about the rest of the trek will be provided.
- Afterwards, we will begin our trek to Pangarchulla peak by midnight.
- Witness the sun rising from the great Himalayan ranges where you will catch a glimpse of Chaukhamba massif, Nilkantha peaks and Nanda Devi peaks and many more. Afterwards, we will descend towards the base camp.
- We will check out from the base camp to head towards Khullara. En-route we will have our packed lunch.
- Upon reaching Khullara we will check into our campsite where we will have dinner followed by overnight stay.
5th Day : Trek from Khullara to Dhak | Drive to Joshimath
- After early morning breakfast, a small briefing session with necessary details about the rest of the trek will be provided.
- We will begin trekking from Khullara to Dhak village.
- En-route, we will have our packed lunch.
- Upon reaching Dhak, we will start the drive to Joshimath.
- Check in to our designated homestay at Joshimath where we will have dinner and spend the night.
6th Day : Drive from Joshimath to Rishikesh | End of tour
- Post breakfast, we will check out of our accommodations.
- We will drive from Joshimath to Rishikesh. You can enjoy the scenic views of some of the Prayag's like Dev Prayag, Rudra Prayag, Karn Prayag.
- Upon reaching Rishikesh, the group will dissemble and part their ways with fond memories.
- End of Tour.
- Accommodation: 2 Nights in a Hotel / Homestay in Joshimath on a triple sharing basis. 3 Nights Tented Accommodation on a triple sharing basis.
- Transportation: Surface transfer from Rishikesh - Joshimath - Rishikesh by Sumo / Bolero / Tempo Traveler (Depends on the number of travelers).
- Meals: All vegetarian meals from day 1st Dinner to day 6th Breakfast.
- Snacks: Morning / Evening Tea / Coffee with light snacks and soup while on the trek.
- Camping logistics: Tent, Sleeping bags, Mattresses, Dining tent, Toilet tent, Sitting Stools.
- Trek Leader: Qualified and Experienced Trek leader and support staff.
- Permits: All necessary fees and permits.
- Trekking Equipment: Gaiters, Micro Spikes, and Rope if required.
- Safety Equipment: Basic First Aid kit with Oximeter and Oxygen Cylinder and stretcher.
- Guide ratio: 1:10
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Meals during transit.
- Any insurance of any kind.
- Any fees and permits (for non-Indians).
- Unscheduled delay due to landslide.
- Cost Escalation due to “ Force Majeure and Evacuation charges”.
- Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.
- *You can apply for travel insurance prior to the trek.